"In the same hospital where biggie smalls died/doctor said I had blood clots but I ain't jamaican man/story on MTV and I ain't trying to make the band" - Kanye West, Through the Wire (College Dropout)
A 26 mile training run. Up at 4 AM. In Griffith Park in the dark at 6. Starting Mile 1 at 8 AM. Finishing mile 26 on a busted foot tendon at 3:30pm. Rocking the shakes, the numbness in the extremities, the lack of motor control in my legs, the silly post run grin, the grimace with every step, the thirst, the hunger, the desperation, the euphoria.
And the motherfucking medal.
Training is over. 29 days to the AIDS Marathon in Honolulu. I'm ready to run my face off.
What did you do on Saturday?
itunes is an addiction. I made my first song purchases today. That Kanye West track up there, and the Chaka Khan track it samples. Steppin into Tomorrow and Think Twice from Donald Byrd's Stepping Into Tomorrow Album. So, my "favorite songs this week" playlist looks like this -
1. Steppin into Tomorrow - Donald Byrd, Stepping Into Tomorrow
2. Steppin into Tomorrow - Madlib, Shades of Blue
3. Think Twice - Jay Dee, Welcome 2 Detroit
4. Think Twice - Erykah Badu featuring Roy Hargrove, Worldwide Underground
5. Think Twice - Donald Byrd, Stepping Into Tomorrow
6. Truth N Time - Al Green, AnotherLateNight (Groove Armada)
7. Don't Stop What You're Doin - Alicia Myers, Badmeaninggood, Vol. 3
8. Get By - Talib Kweli, Quality
9. Through The Wire - Kanye West, College Dropout
10. Through The Fire - Chaka Khan, I Feel For You
I'm tempted to buy so much more right now.
Current Digital Music Revolution Numbers?
12.5 Days of Music