"Wait. They don't love you like I love you." - Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Maps
I'm spending a few weeks holed up in my parent's house while I find the perfect new place to live. I spent my search today in Toluca Lake looking at some very cute places hidden just a little away from the hustle and bustle of Lankershim and Cahuenga and Universal City. I'm also looking for freelance web work, consulting work (pay me to show you how to start your digital media ventures or how to blog or just pay me to hang out. I'm worth it) and writing gigs.
And out of 3026 songs rated 5 stars in my iTunes, we've got ourselves a
Saturday Random Ten
- Ain't Really Love - Mary J. Blige [The Breakthrough]
- Draw Your Brakes - Scotty [The Harder They Come]
- Turn It Up - Ugly Duckling [Taste The Secret]
- Outro - Madvillain [Madvillain Remixes: Koushik]
- In My Life - The Beatles [Rubber Soul]
- Memories - Eisley [Room Noises]
- It's Real - Missy Elliott [This is Not a Test!]
- The Big Picture (Intro) - Big L [The Big Picture]
- Lay Your Head On My Pillow - Raphael Saadiq [All Hits at the House of Blues]
- Video - India.Arie [Acoustic Soul]
Better Late Than Never: The March mix is on last.fm and on musicmobs. Named Water/Sign cuz I'm a Pisces and still obsessed with the Gossip song, it features music of breakups and love, some SXSW new hotness, the footprints of Dave Chappelle's Block Party on my ears and the sounds of my life in flux.
Oh and: In a total geek move I'm going to tell you that the best thing going today is DC Comics and their Infinite Crisis. I'm absolutely in love with the reboot storylines of "One Year Later" and can't wait for the my packages of books to arrive. Oh, and if anyone wants to talk to me about Black Panther or Nighthawk and the other super folks in Marvel's Supreme Power series of books, I won't turn you away.
I've probably said too much.